Thursday, December 6, 2012

Complete!

We got Sam's visa today, so we are able to leave China Saturday! Ready to come home!!! He is doing great and I was able to leave the room without him for about 15 minutes. That may not seem like much, but its the longest I've been away from him since we got him. I had to go to the lobby to get his visa and returned to find him laughing and playing. Such a relief!

I wanted to share a little "God wink" with you...back in April I visited Shepherds Field and met Joseph. He was close to aging out and was in danger of not being adopted. I purchased some of his art work for the kids to keep in their rooms as a reminder to pray that he would get a family. We prayed for him each night.  I was thrilled when we learned that God answered the prayers of so many! Honestly, I was a little afraid to have my children ask that prayer because I knew the odds were not in his favor! What a lesson I learned about the power of prayer! So, we got to visit shepherds field at the beginning of this trip and Joseph was already with his family. So, imagine my surprise when we were at the medical clinic getting Sam's TB results and Emily says, "mom, there's Joseph!"  Yes, it was. He was standing there for his test results too! I was so excited to see him with his little brother and father. I stood amazed at how God orchestrated that moment. I do not believe it was a coincidence, but rather a gift to see how He did provide Joseph with a family! God is good!

Not sure if I will blog again before we leave, but we please keep us in your prayers. We feel blessed, but are certainly struggling with adjusting to a toddler that speaks another language. Sam had a major meltdown this afternoon in the middle of the hotel. It's frustrating for him and us. Thankfully, it didn't last long. We would appreciate prayers for good health, safe travels, easy transition with time change and Sam's new environment. This will be his 3rd move in 2 weeks. Stressful for the little guy!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for blogging! It was great following you guys on this trip and look forward to seeing you guys when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome God wink!!! gave me chills! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, friend! We all need to be reminded that prayer really does have an impact and we can pray boldly for big things! So excited for you on your adventure and I will be praying for this transition!!!!

    ReplyDelete