Thursday, April 9, 2015

Jesus on the eye chart...and DTC!!!

 





"Pirate ship (such a boy answer), O, Jesus"... this is what Sam said during his eye exam at his pediatric check up this week.  I had to help articulate for him to the nurse and when he said "Jesus", she smiled and agreed wholeheartedly.  Sam saw what he views as a cross and kept saying Jesus every time she pointed to this picture.  I probably should have paid closer attention to what he scored on his eye exam, but I was just so in awe of this little boy that saw Jesus on the eye chart.  The faith of a child!!!  Thank you to his awesome preschool teachers, Ms. Kim and Ms. Julie, that have played such a big part in teaching him about Jesus and the cross.  Sam has been asking some questions about that indicate that he's growing more curious about Him. 

Here was a cute exchange between Sam and his doctor:

Dr. J: You have 1 brother and 1 sister.  Am I right or wrong?
Sam: You wrong...I have Eli, Brooks and Emily.

Our doctor, also an adoptive parent, said he loved that Sam started the list with Eli!  Me too!  Jon and the boys completed building bunk beds and Sam says he wants Eli to sleep with him.  I'm just so thankful that God is preparing his heart to be a big brother.  I know that it will not be an easy road and that they will fight, but man it's so cool to see this transformation.  And now for more exciting news...

WE ARE DTC!!! Some of you may be asking, what the heck does that mean???  Well, in the China adoption language those letters mean Dossier to China!!!  Our dossier is 13 documents that tell all about our family and our deepest, darkest secrets. ;-)  DTC is a big milestone and such a sense of relief that we are one step closer to Eli.  Next, we wait to be LID- logged in and then another long wait comes for China's Letter of Acceptance!  I don't find it coincidental that my Bible study this week was on being patient.  Let my faith be matured as I wait for His perfect timing!

Blessings and hope for us all to have child-like faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment